Itching On The Abdomen And The Appearance Of Dangerous Red Spots On The Fetus?
Hello, I am 36 weeks pregnant. I feel itchiness in the abdomen. If I scratch it, it develops red spots and causes irritation, is this condition dangerous for the baby?
Good afternoon, Ms. Silvia Fitriani. Thank you for consulting HealthReplies.com.
Congratulations on your pregnancy. Associated with complaints of itching this is often experienced by mothers who experience pregnancy. This is related to the condition of widening of the skin so-called stretch marks, where it is related to increased body weight so that the skin stretches quickly so that it will appear thin and increase the nutrition of blood vessels around the skin. When the process takes place usually will be accompanied by symptoms in the form of red streaks in the form of lines with itching and will eventually turn to white.
Besides the main causes can also be caused by several other things such as
- Dry skin conditions will usually appear itchy and the skin looks more scaly and when scratched it will look white or a buildup of epithelium
- Certain diseases such as allergies to a substance or food
- Fungal infections are more likely to occur in pregnant women because of increased sweating during pregnancy and increased fold area associated with weight gain
To reduce these symptoms, some things can be done are
- Change clothes when sweating or clothes feel damp
- Avoid in places that are too hot so that sweating is not getting excessive
- If itching avoid scratching but patting
- Use lotion as a moisturizer
- Reduce itching with menthol / salasil surgery
That's the thing we can say. May be useful. Thank you