It’s Dangerous To Swallow Sausage Plastic?
I accidentally swallowed plastic sausage about 2 long finger joints … is that dangerous?
Thank you for asking HealthReplies.com.
Ingestion of foreign matter, such as plastic, into the digestive tract is often not a dangerous condition as long as the size is small. Most of these foreign objects, can come out through the stool along with the food and drinks you consume later.
Even so, in some rare cases, swallowed foreign bodies can actually cause blockages in the digestive tract (obstructive ileus). If this condition occurs, then you will have difficulty defecating, difficult to defecate, nausea, vomiting, flatulence, hard, and this condition can be very life threatening. Not only that, foreign bodies that are ingested into the digestive tract are also prone to trigger allergic reactions and also irritation in the digestive tract which affects diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, and so on.
In the meantime, if there are no complaints like the one above you experience, you should not panic first. Try to drink more, and eat as usual. Then, observe your stool when defecating, if you see the swallowed plastic coming out of your anus, then you can breathe freely. However, if the plastic does not come out of the anus within 1-3 days, or if there are other serious complaints as we have mentioned above, you should check yourself directly to the doctor or doctor of the digestive surgeon for deep evaluation, for example by endoscopy gastrointestinal tract. In this way, your condition can be overcome so that it does not lead to serious complications.
Hope this helps ...