Lips Swollen Next Door After Eating?
want to ask, my lips are swollen to the left after eating, initially itching after swelling. What can I do to reduce the swelling?
Good evening, thanks for the question
The possibility of complaints of swelling of the lips after eating certain types of food is a condition of angioedema. Angioedema is a form of allergic reaction by an allergen trigger. Angioedema is characterized by swelling of the inner layers of the skin and surrounding tissue. Complaints can also be accompanied by a burning sensation or burning. Sometimes there are complaints of shortness of breath, abdominal pain, vomiting, headache, and palpitations that require immediate action.
Risk factors for angioedema:
1. History of atopy / allergy to yourself and family
2. History of physical trauma to the activity
3. History of bites / stings
4. Consumption of medicines (pain medications, antibiotics, immunizations, injections, hormones, laxatives, etc.)
5. Consumption of food (eggs, shrimp, fish, beans, etc.)
6. History of infection
7. History of physical factors trauma (heat, cold, sunlight, UV light, radiation)
Make further consultations with your doctor so that you can do a physical examination and get adequate treatment. If you experience complaints such as severe shortness, vomiting, or swelling throughout the body immediately seek help from the emergency department.
That's all, hope you can help