Lump On Neck With Phlegm?
amualaikumrnDoc I’m 19 years old… I used to have no throat problems.. But now I feel a lump on the right side of my neck.. It feels like a little lump and I feel there is mucus or phlegm… Why is it dangerous .. Mohohm the explanation
First of all, I want to thank you for asking a question on HealthReplies.com. I will try to help answer your question,
Lumps in the neck can be caused by a variety of causes, namely,
1. Swollen lymph nodes or lymph nodes which usually swell due to several causes such as infection or strep throat
2. Diphtheria or a bacterial infection that attacks the mucous membranes in the throat and nose
3. Godnongan where infection is caused by a virus that causes swelling of the salivary glands
4. An abscess or lump filled with pus in the mouth due to a bacterial infection usually by a tooth infection
5. Cysts or lumps filled with fluid
6. Glandular tuberculosis
7. Swelling of the thyroid gland
8. Tumors or malignancies
However, it is very difficult for us to determine with certainty the diagnosis that causes the complaints you are experiencing without a direct examination. Therefore, it is very important for you to do a direct examination to a doctor, either a general practitioner or a specialist in internal medicine. The doctor will usually do an interview about your complaint, a physical examination and if needed additional examinations such as a complete blood test or biopsy.
Here are some tips that you can do to reduce your complaints such as,
1. Enough rest
2. Eat nutritious food
3. Check with a doctor if there is an infection in the area near the neck such as strep throat or toothache should be treated immediately
4. Taking pain relievers such as paracetamol
5. Avoid squeezing or breaking any lumps
Here's an article that you can read,
lump on neck
So much information that we can convey, hopefully this information can be useful to overcome your complaint.
dr. Radhianie Djan, BmedSc