Management Of Appendicitis After Administration Of Antibiotics?
Afternoon, I want to ask if the appendix is healed after giving antibiotics, what is the next treatment.
Hello Ando, thank you for the question to HealthReplies.com
Basically the main recommended therapy for appendicitis (appendicitis) is surgical removal of the intestinal inflammation (appendectomy). However, in patients with appendicitis without complications, antibiotic administration is still rational enough to be given. In this group of patients, administration of antibiotics can reduce the need for surgery by up to 90%, while the remaining 10% must continue to undergo appendectomy. Of the patients who received antibiotic therapy alone, approximately 30% will experience inflammation again in the appendix so that it requires surgery also in the first year and approximately 40% will experience inflammation again in the appendix after 5 years.
If at this time you have recovered from appendicitis just by giving antibiotics, then there is nothing to do anymore. You just need to know that there is a risk of appendicitis coming back later that may require surgical treatment. Watch for appendicitis symptoms that can occur and go to a doctor immediately if you feel the symptoms reappear. To prevent recurring appendicitis, you can increase fiber consumption (such as consumption of vegetables and fruit). People who consume enough vegetables and fruit every day are less likely to get appendicitis.
Here are the articles you can read about appendicitis
So much information from me, hopefully enough answer