Minor Surgical Suture Marks
Hello, I have done a minor operation to remove the fish eye on the lower left leg of the thumb, then the wound must be stitched. After the stitches are opened almost 2 weeks the wound is still open and the inside is wet. How to treat it? So that the wound can dry quickly. Please help. thank you
Halo Alfina Kurniarista, thank you for asking with the HealthReplies.com team.
Long healing wounds occur when the healing process is hampered. This condition can be influenced by various things, including:
- Blood circulation and poor oxygen supply, such as having diabetes
- Infection of the wound
- Unhealthy lifestyles such as lack of consumption of nutritious food, smoking or drinking alcohol
- Older people tend to have longer wound healing
You can do the following things to help speed up wound healing:
- Perform wound cleansing properly and correctly
-Make a wound bandage to keep it clean and avoid bacteria.
- Apply an antibiotic cream or ointment to help keep the surface of the skin moist and prevent infection
- Keep the wound dry, try not to get exposed to water first
- Consumption of vitamin C, protein and iron to help wound healing
- Avoid smoking and alcoholic drinks
- Manage stress well
- Consumption of nutritious foods
You can read this article further: UNDERSTANDING THE wound healing process
Thank you, hope that helps.