MMR VACCINE In Adults?
Good afternoon doctor,
Good afternoon, Qonitun. Thank you for consulting HealthReplies.com.
Regarding the administration of MR (Measles Rubella) or MMR (Measles Mumps Rumbella) vaccines that are mandatory and included in the immunization program for children in Indonesia, the first dose is 12 months and the second dose is 4 - 6 years. For giving to adults is usually someone with the following criteria, i.e.
- Never before had an MMR vaccine
- Only got 1 dose of MMR vaccine
- Planning to get pregnant
- Health workers
- An outbreak occurred in the neighborhood.
For adults the administration is 2 doses with a gap between doses is 1 month. Giving given under the surface of the skin in adults is usually the upper arm with an amount of 0.5 ml. It is better to pay attention to avoid MR / MMR vaccine in the following conditions, i.e.
- Consumption of drugs with corticosteroid content
- Underwent radiotherapy
- is currently pregnant
- Suffering from diseases such as: severe anemia, leukemia, kidney failure, heart failure
- Has an allergy to the vaccine component
In general, this vaccine provides protection of around 90 to 99% against disease.
That's the thing we can say. May be useful. Thank you