MPASI Gift Menu?
I want to ask I have a child. then I want to give it pure then the pure mixture is usually asi / milk. . But can I make pure water mixed with a little liquid
p dir = "ltr"> Hi, thank you for asking at HealthReplies.com
Providing MPASI (Complementary Food for Mother's Milk) begins when the baby is 6 months old. MPASI is not intended to replace breastfeeding. So that breastfeeding must be continued as long as the baby is breastfed. Here we write tips for giving MPASI:
1. Prepare one type of food that is mashed, then mixed with breast milk, formula milk or water, in the ratio of 1 teaspoon of food: 4 teaspoons of breast milk / formula milk / water. For example, 1 teaspoon of cooked alvocado is mashed, then mixed with 4 teaspoons of breast milk.
2. Examples of types of food that can be given are: mashed papaya, mashed dragon fruit, mashed steamed potato, mashed brown rice, and others. Steaming is better than boiling, because by boiling the nutritional value of food is reduced.
3. Change the type of food every 3 days. Watch for signs of allergies.
4. Increase the ratio of food to breast milk or formula milk or water gradually, watching the baby's response. If the baby is choking, then lower the ratio.
5. At the age of 6 - 7 months, complementary foods can be given once a day (may be morning or afternoon or evening), then increased to 2 times a day. At the age of 8-9 months raise to 3 times a day. The amount of feeding is increased to be able to give 2 times a meal between meals 3 times a day (morning, afternoon and evening). Pay attention to the baby's response and don't force the baby to eat.
6. Start giving 1 tablespoon of solid food for babies, increase gradually, according to the baby's wishes and do not force the baby to finish food.
7. Give solids when the baby's mood is good. If the baby is fussy or crying, you should postpone complementary feeding, breastfeed the baby until calm, then try feeding him again.
8. Do not mix sugar, salt and MSG into baby food.
9. When they are 12 months old, children can eat like adults.
So the mother can mix water into baby food so that the texture is more liquid. However, you still breastfeed the baby as long as the baby feeds.
Thus, I hope this information can help you.