Nausea, Dizziness, Blurred Vision, Ringing In The Ears, And Cold Sweat?
Hi. I am 16 years old, I want to ask. I was standing helping to treat my father whose hand was injured with powder medicine. then right when I plastered the cotton at first I was sick and my eyes blurred a little dizzy and then sweating cold and my ears buzzing. What does it mean? Do I have a serious illness?
Good afternoon, thanks for the question
Based on the complaints expressed, it might be due to orthostatic hypotension. Orthostatic hypotension is a form of blood pressure of more than 20 mmHg when changing position from sitting to standing in a long period of time. When standing position is long then a lot of blood will accumulate in the limbs, if the autonomic nervous system fails to overcome it there will be a temporary decrease in blood flow to the brain.
This condition occurs due to an autonomic nervous system disorder that is reversible and lasts for a short time. Complaints include blurred vision, dizziness, body feels weak, dazed, nausea, fainting, cold sweat.
Some risk factors for orthostatic hypotension include:
- 65 years old or
-Not active or moving for a long time (eg bed rest)
- Is pregnant
- rarely exercise
- Consuming alcoholic drinks
To prevent the recurrence of similar conditions, do the following:
- Increase salt intake in food up to 3 grams / day.
- Drink more water to increase blood volume and prevent dehydration which can cause hypotension.
- Do not change the position of the body with the main suddenly from sitting to standing, and not standing for too long.
Sleep with 2-3 pillows so that when you wake up and stand there will be no drastic reduction in blood flow to the brain.
- Use compression stockings to reduce blood collection in the legs.
That's all, hope you can help