Normal Sperm Analysis Results?
Morning, the results of my husband’s sperm analysis concluded asthenozoospermia, the volume was 2.3 ml, the concentration was 23 million but good sperm was only 10%, bad sperm was 30% and sperm were 60%, which I wanted to ask why my obstetrician said my husband was normal with results like that?
Hello, thank you for asking at HealthReplies.com
Asthenozoospermia is the result of a sperm analysis, where the number of sperm moving forward is less than 40%. Meanwhile, normal sperm analysis results if:
1. The number of sperm is 20 million - 200 million per CC.
2. Normal sperm shape is more than 50%.
3. Normal sperm movement is more than 50%.
4. pH 7.2 - 7.8.
5. Sperm fluid volume 1.5 - 5 CC.
6. The color of sperm liquid is gray white.
Actually only one sperm is needed to be able to fertilize an egg. Indeed, basically, with only 10% of good sperm conditions can still cause pregnancy. But with a smaller possibility if a good sperm condition can reach the normal range of sperm analysis results. Regarding such results, you should consult with a urologist. The doctor will do an examination to find the cause of the least good sperm count. And after that, the doctor will provide treatment according to the cause.
The things that can cause abnormalities in sperm, namely psychological stress, testicular trauma, varicocele, hydrocele, urogenital infection, sexually transmitted infections and others. To prevent further sperm damage avoid the following:
1. Take frequent bathing with warm water.
2. Put the phone in a pants pocket. Because warm water and cell phone radiation can damage the function of the testes in producing good sperm
3. Smoking, drinking alcohol and consuming illegal drugs.
Thus hopefully useful.