Often Feels Life Is Meaningless, Suffering And Lonely?
Good afternoon, I am 15 years old and soon entered high school. I often felt that my life was meaningless and always thought that I would only be a burden on my family if I lived. I often felt lonely and also often felt that my life was always full with suffering. I wonder what should I do so that my depression will not become a major depression? Please answer
Hello, thank you for the question to HealthReplies.com.
What you feel can be caused by several possible diseases:
1. Depression: mood disorders that feel they can not be happy, not excited and have no interest. Severe depression sometimes causes psychotic symptoms such as hallucinations, delusions and so on. Severe depression should immediately consult a psychiatrist and follow the recommended treatment.
2. Bipolar: multiple personality, characterized by depression and manic (excessive pleasure), such as spending money, unable to sleep, always on the move and never tired, accompanied by sometimes appearing sad disturbances such as depression.
3. Comprehensive anxiety disorder: Comprehensive anxiety disorder can cause symptoms such as anxiety about everything in life, being unable to calm down, always worrying.
To find out more about the causes, diagnosis and further treatment, you should immediately consult a mental specialist.
What you can do to make depression less severe:
1. Running a hobby that you like
2. Consult with the people you trust the most
3. Think more positively and be grateful for everything you have had so far
4. Pray a lot and worship, and draw closer to God.
5. Switch your happiness to the things you like.
Thus, hopefully useful :)