Overcome Accidentally Drinking Water Containing Camphor
Don, I accidentally drank water that contains camphor. The water color smells of camphor. I swallowed roughly a gulp Saturday.
Originally posted 2020-04-16 13:12:06.
Hello Riliana, thank you for asking at HealthReplies.com.
Fluid containing camphor is not recommended for consumption because the liquid is toxic which can cause organ dysfunction.
Even though you only consume a little and currently do not cause any complaints, it is still recommended to check yourself to the doctor for further examination and treatment.
While this is at home, you are advised to:
Do not consume the water again and throw it immediately into the trash
Separating hazardous liquids and chemicals mixed with chemicals from near the dining table or where you store food / drinks
Avoid placing hazardous liquids or mixed liquids with chemicals in bottles / containers of drinks or food
Increase your water intake to at least 2 liters in one day
Avoid taking any medicine until further advice from the doctor
If complaints such as severe vomiting, fever, shortness of breath, severe abdominal pain or loss of consciousness immediately go to the nearest emergency room hospital for immediate treatment.
I hope this helps.