Overcoming Allergy To Mefenamic Acid?
Dear, I have an allergy to mefenamic acid even though after drinking it the pain in my body disappeared.
Thank you for asking HealthReplies.com.
Drug allergy can be an obstacle in itself in dealing with various complaints, including pain. Pain that is quite intense, if not handled properly, can be very disturbing for the sufferer in their daily activities. Therefore, this condition is often treated with pain relievers, including mefenamic acid. So, what if the consumption of this pain reliever causes an allergic reaction?
Drug allergies arise due to the immune system's mistake in identifying the entry of a drug into the body as dangerous, even though it is not. This hypersensitivity can cause the body to release many chemical mediators that play a role in modulating the appearance of allergy symptoms, for example itching, skin rashes, lesions, swelling, nausea, vomiting, to more severe conditions, such as palpitations, shortness of breath, weakening of the pulse, and shock (shock). It is not clear exactly what causes a person to have an allergic tendency. However, genetic (hereditary) and environmental factors are thought to play an important role.
Because the cause is not clear, definitive treatment of drug allergies has yet to be done. The most effective way to treat the symptoms of a drug allergy is to avoid taking the drug. If you have an allergy to the drug mefenamic acid, then for a safer alternative to pain relief, you should take paracetamol. This drug has very minimal potential to cause allergies, and is also included in the class of over-the-counter drugs that you can take without having to see a doctor first. If the standard dose of paracetamol is not able to relieve the pain you are feeling, you can immediately see a doctor. It could be that the doctor will adjust the dosage of the drug you are taking in order to overcome your complaints. Or, your doctor may also prescribe another pain reliever (other than the type of mefenamic acid) that is less likely to trigger your allergic reaction.
It is not recommended to take allergy symptom relievers carelessly, including CTM and dexamethasone. Both of these drugs are not included in the over-the-counter drugs, so their consumption is only safe if you do it under a doctor's supervision. Long-term consumption of this drug has the potential to cause many health problems, including allergies, indigestion, drowsiness, swelling of the body, easy infections, Cushing's syndrome, kidney problems, and so on.
Hope it helps ..