Pain During Intercourse After Miscarriage?
I want to ask, last year I miscarried and went to the doctor and the doctor said my uterus was clean. Then why is it that every time I have sex, my vagina hurts so much and my vaginal discharge is so yellow. Why is that? Do I have a uterine infection?
Good afternoon Debby, thank you for your question
We are sorry for the miscarriage that happened to you.
Miscarriage is a condition where the products of conception (fetus) cannot be maintained so that they come out of the uterus at gestational age below 20 weeks. Normal vaginal discharge is used to clean and protect the vagina and can vary in color from clear to milky white. Then the vaginal discharge in the form of milky white can be either normal or abnormal (such as a yeast infection). Some of the conditions of vaginal fluid to watch out for include:
· The color of the vaginal discharge changes to green or yellow
· Vaginal discharge smells
· Itching or pain in the genitals
· Foamy vaginal discharge
· More vaginal discharge than usual
· Lower abdominal pain
Abnormal vaginal discharge when the color changes accompanied by increasing mucus viscosity, a pungent (sharp) odor, bleeding and accompanied by vaginal itching and abdominal pain. Some diseases that can cause abnormal vaginal discharge are:
- Vaginal candidiasis, the complaint is accompanied by a milky vaginal discharge and is very itchy
- Trichomonas infection (trichomoniasis), foul-smelling vaginal discharge and yellowish green color accompanied by a fishy odor
- Bacterial vaginosis, vaginal discharge accompanied by white or gray watery mucus and a fishy smell
- Gonorrhea, vaginal discharge accompanied by pelvic pain
- Cervical cancer where vaginal discharge is accompanied by bloody mucus
- Genital herpes, vaginal discharge accompanied by blisters
- Endometritis (inflammation of the lining of the uterus)
Endometritis is generally not life threatening, but infection of the uterine lining is left untreated it can also cause complications in the form of a spread infection, fertility problems, and other health problems that can eventually lead to life threatening sufferers. Infection of the uterine wall is usually caused by a bacterial infection, where women who are at risk of experiencing this condition are women who miscarry, give birth either vaginally or through sc delivery. In this situation, symptoms such as:
1. an enlarged stomach 2. there is bleeding from your vagina 3. have vaginal discharge or abnormal discharge 4. constipation 5. abdominal discomfort or pain in your abdomen, hips, or around the anus 6. Fever Based on your opinion convey the possible cause of your complaint may be due to gonorrhea. Gonorrhea is one of the most common sexually transmitted diseases and is caused by infection with the bacteria Neisseria gonorrhoeae or gonococcus. This disease can infect both men and women but is often seen in men because there are complaints when doing BAK. The bacteria that cause this disease can attack the rectum, cervix, urethra, eyes and throat. In women, it causes gonorrhea cervicitis which can cause complaints of smelly vaginal discharge and there are pimples in the cervix
To confirm the diagnosis of the disease you are complaining about, whether the cause of your vaginal discharge is endometritis or gonorrhea, you should be able to consult a doctor or obstetrician. The doctor will ask about your complaints and perform a physical examination and may also carry out supporting examinations such as blood, urine and ultrasound examinations.
First of all, you don't need to panic, but you have to be calm. While you are undergoing therapy from a doctor you should be able to try these tips:
1. Clean intimate organs regularly ( especially when you are menstruating ) in the right way. The correct way to do cleaning from front to back
2. Wear comfortable and cool underwear. Avoid stickiness and moisture
3. Do not wear tight pants.
4. Avoid inserting foreign objects into your vagina
5. Be wise in wearing sanitary napkins.
6. Avoid the habit of using vaginal cleansing soap because it can lead to a decrease in the acid levels in the vagina which can lead to infection easily.
7. Consultation with experts if complaints are still felt
You can read this article.
Anticipating Uterine Infection as a Cause of Infertility
May be useful
Regards, dr. Dian