Pain In The Lower Part Of The Jaw

Illustration of Pain In The Lower Part Of The Jaw
Illustration: Pain In The Lower Part Of The Jaw

Good morning, Doc I want to ask, today some days I feel pain under the jaw / neck at the top / more precisely under the ear and pain in both sides, right u0026amp; left. Why is that, doc? And in these 2 days I got a fever. Then if I want to treat it independently how is it, doc? What should I do? Previously thanks u0026amp; good morning doc ..

1 Answer:

Hi Reza,

Thank you for the question.

Areas under the jaw to the bottom of the ear that feel painful accompanied by a large fever may be caused by an inflammation, such as parotitis (inflammation of the salivary glands), lymphadenitis (inflammation of the lymph nodes), cellulitis (inflammation of soft tissue), mastoiditis (inflammation of the mastoid bone), even inflammation of the skin (for example due to abscesses, insect bites, irritant contact dermatitis), and so on. Apart from inflammation, other factors, such as impacted teeth, post-injury, malignancy, nerve pain, fibromyalgia, etc. can also trigger complaints like this.

Need to be clarified, how much pain do you feel? Can you still eat, talk and do other activities as usual? Do you also experience shortness of breath, vomiting, and other more severe complaints?

These conditions, if it has only been felt for the past 1-3 days, without being accompanied by other more severe complaints as mentioned above, it is better not to worry too much. So that your risk of contracting a disease (such as COVID-19) is reduced, you should not also rush to see a doctor. Safer, first resolve your complaint at home, i.e. by:

Take paracetamol medicine
Compress warm areas that are painful, do not carelessly massage or given any ointment
Expand to rest and drink water
Eat foods rich in antioxidants, especially fruits, vegetables, and whole grains to reduce inflammation
Stay away from cigarettes
Diligent brushing teeth, and continued rinsing with salt solution
Improve your personal hygiene
Limit talking or excessive shouting

However, if the fever does not improve for more than 3 days, or if other complaints appear more severe, do not hesitate to get yourself checked by a doctor, right? It could be that the doctor will direct you to undergo an x-ray, blood, ultrasound, or other investigations, and even encourage you to see the right dentist or specialist (such as a surgeon or ENT) according to the cause of your complaint.

Hope this helps ...

: by

Related Question

Can Rheumatoid Arthritis Turn Into Lupus?

Can Rheumatoid Arthritis Turn Into Lupus?

(9 months ago)

Doctor, can rheumatoid arthritis develop into lupus? Because the longer the pain that I experience due to rheumatoid arthritis is increasingly similar to the symptoms of lupus, for... Read more

The Penis Feels Sore After Having Sex?

The Penis Feels Sore After Having Sex?

(10 months ago)

Good night. I want to ask if you have sex, why does the shaft of the penis feel so painful? Thank you... Read more

Hard Lump On The Back Of The Head?

Hard Lump On The Back Of The Head?

(8 months ago)

want a consultation, I have a lump on the back of my head. The lump is hard and painless. Is this necessary medical action or what?... Read more

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *