Pain In The Lower Right Jaw?
Hello … good night doctor not swollen. Why, thank you in advance
Good evening, thanks for the question
Some of the causes of medical conditions that underlie complaints of pain in the jaw are generally caused by physical trauma, neurological disorders, or vascular disorders. Which is quite often found is a disorder in the temporomandibular joint (TMJ).
Additionally the symptoms of jaw myeri may be caused by the following conditions:
1. Dental infections until the formation of abscesses in the gums can cause pain to spread to the jaw.
2. Cluster type headache where pain is usually felt in the eye area to spread to the jaw area.
3. Sinus infection causes the production of excessive mucus or mucus in the sinus cavity in the face area to cause complaints of pain in the jaw area.
4. Trigeminal neuralgia or disorders of the trigeminal nerves around the front ear to the face and jaw area. In this condition the nerve can be pinched so that pain can be felt in the upper and lower jaw.
5. Emotional stress.
6. Sleep disturbance.
To confirm the diagnosis of complaints of jaw pain, it is necessary to evaluate the symptoms felt, physical examination includes examination of nerves, neck, jaw, oral cavity, and muscles around the face. Other additional tests may be needed to help the diagnosis, such as blood tests, X-rays, MRI, to psychiatric examination. Treatment will be adjusted to the results of the examination and also the final diagnosis.
To reduce jaw pain complaints quickly can be done by doing the following things, among others:
1. Compress using an ice pack in a cheesecloth in the painful area for about 10 minutes.
2. Take a simple over-the-counter pain reliever such as ibuprofen or paracetamol. 3. Massage on the front of the ear to the jaw in a gentle circular motion.
If the complaints do not go away or if the symptoms are getting worse you should do further consultation with a doctor to be evaluated.
That's all, hope you can help. Wassalam.