Pain In The Spine After Lifting Heavy Weights?
hello, I want to ask this, I often experience a sharp pain in the spine, even coughing is really painful. the reason is I lift weights that are too heavy every day. because my work is rough and hard. from the age of 25 until now the age of 35 is often very sharp. please give me the healing solution …. thank you.
Hi, thanks for asking at HealthReplies.com.
Back pain is discomfort that is felt in the area around the spine, can occur anywhere along the spine (i.e. from neck to tail), resulting from tissue damage. This usually happens to someone who has the wrong habit of sitting or standing (bending over) or as a result of the habit of lifting heavy weights wrong (i.e. a crouching position where the weight rests on the waist). The tissues around the spine that are often damaged by this are:
1. Nerves, also known as pinched nerves or Nucleus Pulposus Hernia (HNP).
2. Muscle, known as myalgia or muscle pain
This back pain can heal itself without treatment. But it can also be heavy to interfere with activities. If the pain is severe, you should consult a neurologist. The doctor will conduct an examination and make a diagnosis. The treatment given will be adjusted to the cause of your back pain.
Meanwhile, you can do some tips at home to reduce back pain, namely:
1. Take pain medication such as paracetamol.
2. Take anti-inflammatory drugs such as dexamethasone.
3. Consumption of vitamin B12, this vitamin helps in the regeneration of nerve cells.
4. Do regular light exercise.
5. Compress the painful area with cold and hot water alternately.
6. Change bad habits of sitting and standing, try to be able to straighten up properly when sitting and standing.
7. Change the habit of lifting heavy weights, namely by squatting, the load rests on the feet and knees, then lifting the load to be lifted.
So, hopefully it's useful.