Painful Breasts With Hard Nipples?
Afternoon, I want to ask. My wife’s breast hurts at the edge of the nipple and is a bit hard, at first her nipple was injured because her feces were cleaned and after going to the doctor she was given ointment (forgot the brand) after the nipple healed why did the edge of the nipple hurt and hard…??
Thanks for the question…
Complaints of pain in the nipples can be caused by many things. These lumps can be caused by:
· Mastitis: lumps that arise as a result of infection in the breast tissue, most often found during breastfeeding. It can be followed by swollen lymph nodes in the form of lumps around the armpits
· Galactokel namely: a type of sac (cyst) that is formed containing milk, because the opening of the milk duct is blocked. This often occurs in women who rarely or stop breastfeeding. Galactoceles are benign and harmless. The lump feels soft, can be shifted, and is not accompanied by pain
· Fibroadenoma mammae: lumps that arise due to excess formation of mammary glands. These lumps are benign and are often found in young women
· Fibrocystic lumps: lumps caused by the instability of reproductive hormones that are often found before menstruation
· Breast cancer, a malignant breast lump with uneven edges, an inverted nipple, with swollen lymph nodes in the armpit
If accompanied by these lumps, it is necessary to clearly identify the characteristics, such as:
· whether there is redness in the skin and pain
· lump surface flat or lumpy
· spongy or solid lumps
· is it easy to move?
· changes in the skin of the breast, such as wrinkled skin
Suggestions that you can do at home are:
· wear a comfortable sized bra
· Warm compresses to the area of the lump and gentle massaging of the breast in the direction of massaging the blockage outward may help in early galactoceles
· Avoid consuming foods high in saturated fat
If this condition is getting more and more uncomfortable, you should go to a surgeon to be seen and examined clearly, if needed an ultrasound examination, mammography. Appropriate treatment according to the cause.
Thus the explanation that we can convey, may be useful.