Phlegm That Clots In The Throat.?
hello doctor … I want to ask. my father was 60 years old, he used to smoke a lot … and already 3 years ago, he experienced a tightness and cough with thick yellow phlegm. clot … but it’s still rather coughing yes .. easy to get tired quickly if invited to walk for a while .. chest like pain and tightness … had to go to the doctor and say lung and asthma and until now take medication my lengthy brli at the pharmacist from the prescription example doctor … but there has been no progress … my father often complained about his phlegm clumping in his throat … please advise sranya … what medicine should I give !! thank you
Hello, thank you for asking at HealthReplies.com
Several lung diseases can occur related to the complaints you mentioned, including:
1. COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), there are 2 types, namely chronic bronchitis and emphysema. Bronchitis is a disease characterized by inflammation of the bronchial tubes so that the bronchial walls become swollen and produce a lot of mucus. Meanwhile, emphysema is characterized by damage to the dividing wall between the air sacs in the lung tissue so that the air sacs become dilated and the air exchange becomes disrupted.
2. Pneumonia, which is inflammation due to infection that occurs in the lung tissue.
We recommend that you bring back your father's control to the doctor who handled it before or to a pulmonary specialist. So that it can be reviewed or evaluated from previous treatment. The doctor may increase the dose of the drug or replace it with a stronger medicine or add the medicine as needed. In addition, the doctor may need additional tests to rule out other diseases.
Meanwhile, some things your father must do to alleviate complaints and prevent transmission to people around, namely:
1. Use ethics when coughing and sneezing, ie by closing your mouth and nose using your upper sleeve close to the chest.
2. Remove phlegm and snot on the toilet, and flush thoroughly.
3. Consume lots of warm water.
4. Consumption of squeezed orange mixed with honey brewed with warm water.
5. Inhale the steam from the 2 warm drinks above.
6. Regular drug consumption and control according to the schedule the doctor has set.
Thus hopefully useful.