Prevents The Effects Of Bone Loss When Going For Chemotherapy?
Afternoon doctor, I’m currently undergoing radiotherapy Ca. Malignant Melanoma. Many say the effects of radiotherapy cause bone loss, while the treated part is from the shoulder to the top of the waist … How to deal with it, doctor ?? Should I Drink Milk ?? And what milk I think is good … I’m 19 years old. Please explain doctor. Thank you😊
Good evening, thanks for the question
Cancer and its treatment can cause osteoporosis by curry. Good night, thank you for the question
Cancer and treatment can cause osteoporosis due to several things such as:
1. ChemoteraPi drugs can reduce calcium levels in the body
2. Radiation therapy especially in the pelvic area, especially in women over 65 years
3. Spread of cancer cells to the bone
4. Hormone therapy that suppresses the hormone testosterone in prostate cancer
5. Steroid therapy
The following recommendations can be applied to prevent osteoporosis during cancer therapy, including:
1. Examination of bone density can detect the incidence of osteoporosis before, during, or after cancer therapy
2. Calcium supplementation can help maintain bone strength. You can get food ingredients like yogurt, broccoli, cheese or calcium-fortified foods. High calcium milk can also be consumed.
3. Vitamin D supplementation is important to help the absorption of calcium, can be fulfilled through vitamin D fortified foods such as milk.
4. Bisphosphonates, this supplement is usually prescribed by doctors who have the benefit of reducing the rate of bone loss
5. Sports, physical activities such as walking, climbing stairs, jumping rope, dancing can stimulate the production of bone and muscle-forming cells
6. A balanced nutritional diet and maintain a normal weight
7. As far as possible prevent falls by modifying the safe everyday environment.
That's all, hope you can help