Prickly Heat In Children Aged 10 Months?
Hello … afternoon, I want to ask my child aged 10 months, it’s been almost 3 weeks my child is prickly but there is pus in his head and a lot of bumps arise like that … how is the enlightenment how can cra overcome it or treat it huh … thank you
Good morning, thanks for the question
Prickly heat or called miliaria in infants is formed due to the development of baby's skin that has not been perfect so that it can occur blockage of sweat expenditure. The most common locations for the appearance of miliaria in infants are the forehead, neck, shoulders, chest, back, and folds of the skin.
Types of miliaria are divided into:
1. Miliaria crystalina, is the lightest form which attacks the sweat glands on the upper surface of the skin. Bintil is generally colorless and easily lost.
2. Miliaria rubra, is a type found in the deeper layers of the skin. Bintil reddish, itchy, and filled with fluid. Miliaria rubra can contain pus and is referred to as miliaria pustulosa.
3. Miliaria pustulosa, is a development of miliaria rubra where nodules become inflamed and contain pus.
4. Miliaria profunda, is miliaria in the innermost layer of the skin (dermis). Bintil that arises is dense and colorless.
Handling miliaria in infants can pay attention to the following things:
1. When a child sweats, immediately change his clothes.
2. Dry the skin that has prickly heat with a clean washcloth that has been moistened with warm water or wash the wind with warm water.
3. Wait for the folds of skin to dry on its own.
4. May be rubbed a little powder, especially in the back and chest of the child.
5. Use baby clothes that are dry, made from absorbing sweat such as cotton or t-shirts.
6. Consult a dermatologist to get topical drug therapy.
Consult with your doctor if you encounter the following complaints along with miliary complaints, including:
1. Swollen, reddish and painful pimples.
2. There is enlarged lymph nodes in the armpit, neck, or inner thigh area.
To prevent the onset of miliaria, you should do the following:
1. Do not use clothing in layers, use clothes made of light and soft.
2. Don't use clothes that are too tight.
3. When the weather is hot, try to keep the room cool, for example by using air conditioning.
4. Make the house and bedroom have a cool atmosphere and have good air ventilation.
So, hopefully useful