Purging On The Face After Wearing A Mask?
Hello, when I wear a mask, why does my purging occur because the mask is a chemical or something else, why does purging occur and is there forever purging?
Hello. Good morning, Ms. Anggi. Thank you for asking HealthReplies.com
Purging is a condition of the skin's adaptation to new cosmetics in which the phase of changing skin care products will occur the ability to penetrate substances into the skin to clear the lower layers of the skin which will also accelerate the growth of cells so that the skin looks scaly and small lumps that will usually disappear within 3-4 weeks of the time of the initial cosmetic change and there should be no phase of skin inflammation such as red or swollen. In general, purging is most often found in products that have the function of increasing cell turnover, opening closed pores, controlling excess oil such as
AHA (alpha hydroxy acid)
BHA (beta hydroxy acid)
In the process of changing cosmetic purging usually occurs for 3-4 weeks and a maximum of 6 weeks, if it still continues then you should stop using cosmetics because it is possible the reaction is allergic.
The use of cosmetics should be done well and pay attention to the following.
- Choose treatment products that are suitable for your skin type and will be better according to physical instructions
- It is better not to mix care products
- Avoid excessive use of cosmetics
- Use sunscreen
- Use a protective mask in public places so that the face is not directly exposed to pollution
- Rest with enough patterns.
- Adequate nutrition, especially vegetables and fruit
- Avoid foods that are too oily or high in carbohydrates
- Increase drinking water
If complaints still arise or aggravating should consult a dermatologist, if there are reactions such as itching on the whole body, swelling in the eyes or mouth, tightness, and decreased awareness, then it should be immediately to the nearest emergency room.
Further information can be read in the following article: purging
Thus the information we can convey. May be useful. Thank you