Retainer Wire Swallowed?

I have already removed stirrup and am using a deep tooth retainer, in the shape of a wire that is 4-6 teeth in front. When I ate it was dislodged and seemed to be swallowed, is it dangerous in the form of a sharp wire that is different from stirrup brackets and other objects normally.

1 Answer:

Hello Alex, thank you for the question on HealthReplies.com.

Cases of ingestion of dental retainers, especially those made of wire and sharp, are quite dangerous and include in an emergency case, if not getting treatment might cause death because it can clog or injure the digestive tract.

Therefore, it is highly recommended that you immediately go to the nearest hospital emergency room for immediate treatment. The doctor on duty in the emergency room will ask you to take a chest or stomach x-ray to determine where the retainer is swallowed and determine how best to take the swallowed retainer.

Henceforth after this condition is resolved, it is highly recommended that you check the condition of your dental retainer back to your dentist to determine whether the retainer requires repair or not.

I hope this helps.

: by

Related Question

Pain In The Pit Of The Stomach, Shortness Of Breath, Nausea And Often Belching?

Pain In The Pit Of The Stomach, Shortness Of Breath, Nausea And Often Belching?

(11 months ago)

here I want to ask 2 years ago I was endoscopy due to gastritis … 5 days … r nI’ve consulted a general practitioner he said I got GERD and my stomach acid went up... Read more

The Use Of Blood Booster Drugs In People With Tuberculosis?

The Use Of Blood Booster Drugs In People With Tuberculosis?

(12 months ago)

Good afternoon, I want to ask if I am allowed to take vitamin Vitoniic syrup while I am on TB treatment for 6 months … will there not be any side effects ?????... Read more

Diarrhea In Infants Aged 2 Months After Consumption Of Honey?

Diarrhea In Infants Aged 2 Months After Consumption Of Honey?

(12 months ago)

Good night, my child is only 2 months old, I give honey in a 1 ml pipette, after that he defecates continuously 5 times a day, and it is runny, what is the sign of this?... Read more

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *