Right Thigh Throbbing And A Sudden Attack.?
Good afternoon doctor,
Good evening, thanks for the question
Muscle pain or myalgia can occur in various muscles. Generally, individuals who experience myalgia can designate a painful location. Myalgia can occur due to stress on the muscles, tension in the muscles, or excessive physical activity that causes muscle injury.
Apart from these factors, myalgia can be a symptom of a more severe condition, including:
1. Fibromyalgia, which is chronic pain at several muscle points.
2. Rheumatoid arthritis, which is inflammation in the joints due to autoimmune reactions
3. Lupus, which is chronic inflammation in various organs due to an autoimmune process
4. Polymyositis, an inflammatory disease that causes muscle weakness
5. Certain medications, for example cholesterol treatment
6. Infectious diseases
Some ways you can do at home to reduce muscle pain include:
- rest pain muscles
- cold compress cold areas to reduce inflammation
- use pain relievers such as ibuprofen
- stretch the muscles gently
- Avoid strenuous exercise until myalgia improves
- Avoid weight lifting until myalgia improves
Consult with your doctor if complaints such as swelling, redness, fever, movement is very limited, or a rash appears.
That's all, hope you can help