Doc whether if eaten by dirty iron rust that is very little can cause tetanus?
Thank you for the question.
Tetanus is a disease caused by the bacterium Clostridium tetani. This disease can attack the nerves, and make sufferers experience muscle stiffness that is almost total, can even inhibit breathing and lead to death.
Tetanus transmission occurs mainly through infected wounds. As for several types of wounds that are susceptible to infection with the bacteria that cause tetanus are injuries caused by punctures or needles, injuries after traffic accidents, burns, animal bite scars, childbirth scars, umbilical cord scars, and so on.
Ingestion of iron rust actually has very little potential to cause you to experience tetanus. Indeed, it is not impossible in the digestive tract there are wounds (for example in patients with peptic ulcers) that can be infected with tetanus bacteria when in contact with iron rust. But presumably, even if the ingested iron rats have tetanus bacteria, it is most likely that these bacteria have died because they have been destroyed by stomach acids and digestive enzymes before reaching the wound.
However, despite the very small risk of causing tetanus, ingestion of iron in some sensitive people can cause digestive disorders, such as nausea, vomiting, stomach cramps, diarrhea, and so on. If this rust is ingested in large quantities and cannot be digested by the digestive tract, it can also clot, then clog the digestive tract making it difficult for you to defecate, difficult to defecate, and even vomit. This condition can be fatal if not treated immediately.
Therefore, if you experience certain complaints that are quite severe after ingesting iron rust, you should still be examined directly to a doctor or internist in order to be treated further huh ..
I hope this helps.