Safety Of Taking Herbal Heart Medicines?
Assalamualaiikum, Is taking Garvisto medicine safe for heart sufferers? My father-in-law recovered treatment for 3 days ICU (50 mg injection alteplase) and 7 days of recovery due to heart attack due to cholesterol plaque falling into the bloodstream, cholesterol levels 225 and LDL 175
Hello. Good night. Thank you for asking HealthReplies.com.
Herbal medicines are mostly made from plants which are then processed and extracts generally taken. Almost all plants have a good antioxidant effect to maintain endurance. Scientific facts from the research explained that the clinical effectiveness of herbal medicines still lacked strong and ongoing evidence.
Related to the use of the drug mentioned contains asiatica herbal extracts, pericapium, moringa, curucma and lumbicus. There are several studies that have been carried out, some of which are.
- Lumbrikinase protein can be used as an anti-blood clotting in some countries used by taking it orally and injected.
- Lumbrikinase has the effect of breaking down fat clots but further research for uses in humans needs to be done also related to drugs that will interact.
Some of the researches that have been carried out and published are as follows, for other cases further assessment is still needed. So to consume herbal medicine attention should be paid to the following points.
- Ensure that you have registered with BPOM RI
- Check the production date and output levels
- Dose according to the package
- It is better if you consult a doctor, especially in special populations such as wind, pregnant women, have certain diseases, and consumption of certain drugs.
- Consult your doctor about herbal medicines that are used because they can interact with the drugs given.
Thus the information we can convey. May be useful. Thank you