Safety Of Using Hair Oil For Children 14 Months?
Afternoon ??? r n My son is 14 months old ,, he eats the hair oil ellipse is it dangerous? R nThank you.
Hi mom, thank you for asking at HealthReplies.com.
I can feel Mother's worry.
The material that you mentioned is material that is used for external use, not for food. If ingested, which usually occurs in children because of ignorance, is called poisoning. Whether the poison is dangerous or not depends on the amount and duration of exposure.
What you can do when this condition occurs is:
1. Ask the child to spit or rinse his mouth. If the child is unable to do this, the mother can wrap the fingers in gauze or a damp cloth, then wipe and clean the child's mouth until it is clean and the smell of chemicals is no longer smelled.
2. Do not ask the child to vomit, because this can risk damage to the upper digestive tract.
3. If the child vomits accidentally, anticipate vomiting into the airway by positioning the child and bending forward or tilting the child to the left if the child is unable to sit.
4. Clean the chemicals found on the skin around the mouth, clothes, fingers and in other places.
5. Give the child as much milk as the child wants to drink. Do not force it because it can cause the child to vomit.
6. Identification of the poison that has been ingested, including its type, amount and hour of ingestion.
7. Take the child immediately to the emergency room if:
a. Children appear dizzy, inconsequential, drowsy, seizures and decreased consciousness.
b. If the child complains of stomach pain.
c. If the child vomits with blood.
You can read the related article here.
Thus, I hope this information can be useful.