Sleeping Medicine For People With Heart Disease?
Good night doctor, my mother has a heart (valve leak) and often has trouble sleeping, is there a safe sleeping pill for my mother that can be obtained without a doctor’s prescription? Thank you doctor.
Hello, thank you for asking at HealthReplies.com
For every person with certain diseases, such as heart valve leaking, diabetes, kidney failure, stroke and other diseases are not allowed to take drugs without the knowledge of the treating doctor. Especially if the patient consumes routine drugs for the disease. This is because not all drugs are safe for all diseases and between drugs there can be interactions that generally cause undesired effects.
Therefore, take your mother to consult with the treating doctor. If sleeping pills are needed, the doctor will give them.
Here are some tips that can be done to avoid insomnia or difficulty sleeping, namely:
1. Set your sleep schedule and wake up at the same time every day. It aims to make the body recognize the time and become accustomed.
2. Perform activities in the morning wake up until bedtime. Avoid pensive or silent which can trigger sleepiness.
3. Can sleep during the day, but not more than one hour (try only for 30 minutes to one hour).
4. Avoid dinner with high-calorie foods in large quantities. Because it can make someone overheated due to increased metabolism after eating so it becomes difficult to sleep.
5. Turn off all light and sound sources before going to sleep.
Thus hopefully useful.