Solution To Bee Sting Allergies?
Good evening doctor who I respect, I want to tell you about what cases were experienced by my biological mother three days ago. Around 7:30 pm my mother was stung by a bee-type insect (usually this insect goes out at night). It’s almost the same size as a bee. After being stung, not less than 2 minutes my mother immediately experienced itching all over her body. We immediately went to the midwife (preparations went less than 2 minutes). The distance between our house and the midwife’s house is around 3 KM. But when in the middle of the trip or about 2 KM my mother had passed out. And after arriving at the place where my mother midwife had “pee unconsciously” … it happened that the midwife was not at home because she was treating other residents. We immediately went to where the midwife was … traveling about 5 minutes. Until there I was vomiting and vomiting frothy. Then given help by the midwife but remained unconscious about 20 minutes. What I want to convey from the chronology is that the gap between being stung and receiving first aid is not until 25 minutes. But the midwife said that the mother almost died. And the midwife also told the mother (after the mother was healthy) that she (midwife) thought there was no more chance, but God wanted another. the condition of the mother’s body at that time was blackened skin, he said, difficulty breathing and swallowing, and shortness of breath. I want to ask, what is the solution for my mother to avoid the allergy sting? considering that the allergy is very sensitive. First aid when a bite what doctor? Thank you for your attention. I hope the doctor answers my question, considering I am very confused and scared of my mother’s case.
Hello, thank you for the question to HealthReplies.com
Severe allergic reactions such as those experienced by your mother are called anaphylactic reactions. Anaphylactic reactions can indeed occur very quickly and can even occur within minutes. Anaphylactic reactions can occur due to exposure to any allergens, insect stings, food and drugs, or latex. The best way to overcome this condition is to avoid exposure to allergens. For example your mother has an allergy to insect stings, avoid being close to insects or make sure your mother uses clothes that are covered in places that have lots of insects, avoid walking without wearing footwear, avoid using brightly colored clothing (which can attract insects), and avoid using certain perfumes or fragrances that attract insects.
If indeed accidental shock occurs, then your mother MUST be immediately taken to the hospital (not only to the midwife). Anaphylactic reactions require treatment with epinephrine injection as soon as possible. If indeed the risk of an anaphylactic reaction is very high, then take your mother to the doctor so you can be prescribed autoinjector epinephrine which can be injected yourself when an anaphylactic reaction occurs. This medicine can only be obtained by prescription from a doctor and should not be used carelessly.
So much information from me, hopefully enough answer