Solution To Deal With Spinal Pain In The Elderly?
Hello, I want to ask. My father, 58, from a young age always lifts heavy and lacks exercise. Now my father is sick in the spine. Initially thought to be gout but over time the pain became increasingly difficult to wake up. Finally, he was taken to a neurologist and was ordered to have an x-ray and there was a negligence in his spine that he was given medicine, but there was no progress at all. Then finally checked again by an orthopedic doctor and diagnosed with osteoporosis, and must opnam and injected with bone injection. What I’m asking is whether bone injection has side effects or not? The thing is my father still feels pain in his spine Thank you …
Hello, thank you for the question to HealthReplies.com.
Spinal pain can be caused by several things:
1. Nerve narrowing (HNP): nerve narrowing in the spine can cause pain in the spine.
2. Osteoporosis: bone loss usually occurs in old age, characterized by pain in the spine and shortening of the spine such as being bent.
3. Myalgia: pain in the muscles (myalgia) can also occur and cause pain in the back area.
To find out more about the causes, diagnosis and further treatment of your complaint, you should consult a neurologist or orthopedist, and undergo physiotherapy according to the advice of a medical rehab specialist.
Prevention can be done:
1. Reducing heavy physical activity
2. Do not lift heavy items
3. Get enough rest in bed at least 6-8 hours a day
4. Consume milk and foods high in calcium
Thus, hopefully useful :)