Sore Throat From Breathing In A Room That Has Just Been Sprayed With Insect Repellent?
Good evening my doctor Cindy Maulindra is 16 years old. So in the dining room I was washing dishes when the room was sprayed with insect repellent and my throat hurt so much that I threw up I finally left the room. Did poisoning and vomiting harm my lungs?
Hello Cindy Maulindra, thank you for your question
Generally, insect repellents on the market contain organophosphate active substances. Poisoning these substances can cause sufferers to experience shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, weakness to unconsciousness. Side effects can be fatal if the substance is swallowed and the patient must be immediately taken to the ER for immediate help.
In your case, a sore throat from inhaling a room that has just been sprayed with insect repellent is caused by irritation of the cells in your airways. This is not harmful to the lungs but don't do it often. If the room has just been sprayed, wait for about half an hour to neutralize the active substances in the room.
By the way, I hope it's useful
dr. Deasy Larasandi