Stroke Medicine Or Sleep Solutions.?
Night dr. My mother had a stroke at the age of 59 years, it had been 20 days but at night I could not sleep sometimes until morning. Please advise Dr. Thank you
p dir = "ltr"> Hello, thank you for asking at HealthReplies.com
Difficult to sleep or often wake up at night, called insomnia. There are 2 types of insomnia, namely insomnia associated with certain diseases (secondary insomnia) and unrelated (primary insomnia). Some things that can cause insomnia, namely:
2. Alcohol consumption, smoking habits, drug consumption, excessive caffeine consumption.
3. Certain diseases, such as heart disease, hyperthyroidism, chronic pain, asthma, allergies and others.
Someone who is 60 years and over is at high risk of experiencing insomnia. Some things that can be done in order to overcome insomnia naturally, namely:
1. Active during the day, to avoid napping.
2. Relax your mind before going to sleep, for example by taking a deep breath and then exhaling slowly or doing simple yoga movements.
3. Avoid the causes of insomnia above, avoid heavy eating before bedtime and avoid excessive activity, such as exercise before bedtime.
4. Sleep with the same time routinely every day, so that cycadian rhythms can form.
If the above method of insomnia is still not resolved, consult a psychiatrist. For further inspection and proper handling. The doctor will give you sleeping pills if needed.
You cannot give just any sleeping pill. Because it can aggravate the disease and can react with drugs that are routinely consumed. For this reason, further examination of his clinical condition is needed so that a good sleeping pill can be adjusted for him.
Thus hopefully useful.