Swollen Eyes Feel Hot When You Wake Up Because Your Eyes Don’t Close When You Sleep?
hello..i want to ask my eyes open when i sleep when i wake up my eye bags are swollen my eyes feel hot and watery.is it the result of my eyes being open during sleep?
Hello, Nuria, thanks for asking HealthReplies.com.
Swollen, hot, and watery eye bags can be caused by:
1. Insect bite / insect bites during sleep
2. Nocturnal lagophthalmos, or sleeping with your eyes not closed tightly can cause dry eyes to irritate the eyes so that you wake up feeling dry, sore, and can water
3. Blepharitis, or inflammation of the eyelids
4. Conjunctivitis, or inflammation of the lining of the eye
5. Hordeoulum, or stye
6. Fluid build-up due to conditions outside the eye, such as kidney disorders
To find out the abnormalities that occur, you should consult an ophthalmologist so as not to worsen the situation and immediately get the right therapy. Nocturnal lagophthalmos can be caused by a disturbance in the nerves that regulate the eyes, facial muscles, and infection. To prevent worsening and complications, do the following:
1. Eye drops with artificial tear drops 3-4 times a day
2. Drink plenty of water to keep your eyes hydrated
3. If your eyes are getting red, blurry / unable to see, dry, or there are signs of infection such as redness, inflammation, thick discharge, thick and yellowish discharge from the eyes, see a doctor immediately.
4. Compress with a cold towel on the swollen area
That's it, I hope it's useful.
dr. Sarah Rizqia