Swollen Feet About 1 Week After Falling Off The Motorbike?
Hello, last April I fell from the motorbike, my leg was swollen for about a week more along with wounds. However, the wounds are now healed and I just realized that my leg was swollen but only in one part (the scar) and when I held it, it wasn’t swollen like it used to be but more towards the bone lump. When I compare it with my feet, one thing is different (there are no bumps). Do you think it can go away on its own? Or do I have to consult a doctor directly?
Hello, Zaiueooo, thanks for asking HealthReplies.com.
Lumps on the legs can have several possible causes:
1. Swelling due to an inflammatory process, infection, or a history of injury
2. Skin abscess, or pus-filled lumps inside the skin, pain and redness
3. Baker's cysts, are fluid-filled lumps behind the knee that are more painful with exertion
4. Ganglion cysts, which are fluid-filled lumps, often appear in the joints
5. Lipoma, which is a lump consisting of a collection of fatty tissue and is under the skin.
6. There is a dislocation of the joint (the joint is moved from where it should be), it can cause pain, can not move normally
To be sure, you should check with a doctor. The doctor will examine the lump and other related body parts, ask questions about your complaints, and perform supporting examinations such as x-rays to biopsy (examination of tissue under a microscope) if needed. Treatment will depend on the cause.
If the lump is painful, it gets bigger and bigger, interferes with activities, makes tingling or movement weakness, there is unintentional weight loss, go to the doctor immediately so that it is given proper treatment. Rest the painful part and there is a lump, do not touch / squeeze it often, especially if it is not preceded by washing hands, if the pain can compress warm water or drink paracetamol.
That's all, hopefully it's useful.
Greetings, dr. Sarah Rizqia.