The Accidental Effect Of Mouth Swallowing Radiator Fluid?
Good night, sorry to be confused, 4 days ago I accidentally touched a liquid radiator and the desire entered my mouth, but I didn’t swallow it … I quickly vomited and cleaned it with plain water. My question is, have I been exposed to the poison methanol ?? ,, please explain .. thank you very much.
Hello, thank you for your question
The radiator aims to cool the engine temperature so that it can work optimally. In the radiator tank will be filled with a number of fluids to support this function. Most of the radiator fluids are ordinary water, others are in the form of special fluids known as radiator coolants, super coolants, or coolant protectors, which contain various chemical substances.
Regarding your question above, you must first ascertain the type of radiator fluid you are using. If what you use is plain water, there is no need to worry because a small splash in the mouth will not be dangerous. Only that needs to be considered, if the condition of the radiator when it is splashed is hot, it is likely to cause burns, either to the skin or the lining of the oral mucosa. In cases of minor burns, usually no special treatment is needed and the pain in the mouth will disappear in 2-3 days.
Meanwhile, if you use a special radiator fluid that contains various chemical compounds, the initial handling step is to rinse the exposed area with clean running water as much as possible. This aims to remove chemical compounds from the surface of the body. Furthermore, immediately consulted the nearest doctor or hospital for further examination and treatment.
Hopefully this information is useful