The Baby Is Swallowed By The Soft Fur On The Towel?
doctor, is it dangerous for a 1 month baby to swallow fine hairs? it is only discovered when the baby takes out a real tongue there are lots of fine hairs from the towel. please answer
Thank you for the question.
Soft hairs released from towels, if eaten by babies, can trigger dangerous conditions, or not. This condition can be dangerous if:
Your baby is allergic to fine hair, because it can trigger tightness, coughing, itching, skin rashes, wheezing, vomiting, and even anaphylactic shock
Your baby swallows the fuzz and chokes into the airway, because it can trigger shortness, difficulty breathing, bluish skin and lips
Your baby swallows the fine hair in large quantities, then clots, and clogs the digestive tract, because it can cause difficult bowel movements, difficulty in defecating, flatulence and hard, colic, nausea, vomiting
If the fuzz particles contain chemical substances or harmful microorganisms which if swallowed can make the baby experience infections, poisoning, and many other medical disorders
The four conditions above are potentially fatal and life threatening if they are detected and handled too late. Therefore, related to the condition of your baby, you need to observe, are there any of the above danger signs that he experienced after swallowing the down?
If none of the above danger signs you find in your baby, the condition is likely to be harmless and not cause for concern. You only need to remove the remaining fine hairs that are still attached to the tongue and body so they are no longer swallowed. Give your child plenty to drink, eat healthy, and encourage him to do his usual activities. Also, make sure that you do not place dangerous objects that are prone to swallowing around the baby's reach so that similar conditions no longer repeat.
However, if one or more of the above danger signs appear, you should check your baby IMMEDIATELY to the doctor or pediatrician in order to get the right follow-up, right?
I hope this helps.