The Baby Swallows Magh Medicine
Good evening doctor, I want to ask my child aged 12 months 14 days accidentally swallowed my magh drug, the name of the drug is omeprazole, is it dangerous, do I have to go straight to the hospital? Thank you for the time.
Hello Rahayu, thank you for asking at HealthReplies.com.
Omeprazole is more routinely given to adults in treatment related to complaints due to increased gastric acid, such as gastric acid disease, dyspepsia syndrome, acute gastritis and some other conditions.
This drug can also actually be given to children one year and above if it is based on examination of the child suffering from certain conditions that require treatment with omeprazole.
However, because the dosage for children must be adjusted according to the conditions they are experiencing, it is highly recommended to take your child to the doctor for further examination to a pediatrician to ensure your child's current condition.
If complaints arise such as vomiting, severe abdominal pain, diarrhea, or your child seems to tend to be confused / just sleep, immediately take it to the nearest hospital emergency room for immediate assistance.
I hope this helps.