The Baby’s Scalp Is Runny And Has A Fishy Odor?
my child is 2 years old … my head is on the head of the fontanel “arrived ” there is a wound I think my dandruff is peeling and it’s runny now it’s dry and runny again … even though I wash my kids every day clean … why ?? then can I wash my child using shampoo on his wound ?? then how is the treatment like?
Hello, thank you for asking at HealthReplies.com
Crust on the baby's scalp that looks like dandruff is called a cradle cap. This condition is triggered by excessive scalp oil production or due to fungal or bacterial infections. In addition to white crust, usually accompanied by reddish-looking skin. If the crust is removed by force, it can cause the scalp to become injured and therefore secrete skin tissue fluid. Some things you can do, namely:
1. On the cradle cap that is still attached, rub baby oil then gently massage and leave for a while before the head of the shirt is washed. Then wash using shampoo with gentle massage. If there is crust that is still not loose, brush with a soft toothbrush until the crust comes off.
2. On a runny scalp, it's okay to wash it with shampoo too. Then dry the child's scalp immediately with a clean towel. Then compress the watery part of the scalp by using sterile gauze moistened with sterile physiological fluid. You can buy gauze and liquid at the nearest pharmacy. Remove the gauze from the scalp when it's dry. Do this compress 4 times a day, especially after bathing.
3. If the scalp becomes festering, immediately consult the nearest doctor. The doctor will give anti-biotic medicine for skin ointment.
4. If the crust returns, you should immediately consult with a dermatologist. The doctor will give dandruff special shampoo if needed.
5. Don't force the crust off the scalp. It might take 2-3 days for the crust to come off completely.
Thus hopefully useful.