The Baby’s Weight Goes Down For 2 Months In A Row While Teething?
Hello .. want to ask .. my child is 8 months and a half, it’s been 2 months in a row his weight went down .. at 6.9 the next month 6.8 now his bb is actually 6.5 … my son happens to be in GTM .. because his new teeth will come out again, Now I want 6. Is the tooth natural?
Thank you for asking at Aolodokter.
Weight of children aged 8 months, can reach a minimum of 6.9 kg with an ideal weight of 8.6 for boys and girls ranging from 6.3 kg with an ideal weight of about 8 kg. Thus, if your baby's current weight is 6.5 kg, and this is down from 6.9, then this condition needs your attention. A child's weight loss should not occur even if currently in teething or in GTM. Decreasing a baby's weight below the normal level or close to the risk or toward malnutrition, can be at risk of causing growth and development disorders and the risk of children getting sick easily. So improving your baby's eating patterns and eating quality is important to be able to control your child's health and your child's growth and development.
Some of the conditions below can trigger a child's weight loss, such as:
1. Children don't want to eat
2. Intake of liquids, breast milk, milk, lack of water
4. Children sick, like frequent colds, diarrhea, cough
5. Liver disorders
6. Food absorption disorders
Every possible evaluation and observation needs to be done related to weight loss approaching the lowest or near malnutrition. Patients need to get direct examination and supervision by pediatricians, especially the growth and development of children, so that direct examination and direct evaluation can be done.
Further examinations such as blood tests, stool examinations, urine examinations or radiological examinations can be planned by the doctor if special indications are found that ensure the need for additional examinations. Because with this supporting examination, the probable cause can be known if during several times supervision and regular visits have not yielded positive results. So that all possibilities can be ensured for further treatment and management.
For now, you need to work on some things, such as:
1. Even if the GTM or teething, still try and give an understanding to children continue to eat, do not succumb in terms of child eating habits and child nutrition, because this will continue to influence it
2. Give milk and breast milk outside of eating hours, this is to help your child get additional nutrition
3. Choose a menu and form of food that is suitable for your child, so that helps your child recognize nutritious food
4. If the child sleeps or while traveling, keep giving Asi or sifor as needed
5. Give your free time in providing your child's nutritional balance
Thus the info we can convey.