The Cause Appears White Patches Like A Circle On The Thigh?
Hello doctor, I suddenly found the shape of the wound on my thigh, like a circle that is not sore, it looks like not ringworm or ringworm but if my father said that because of dirty blood, I’m confused what it is and why yes, the shape is a small white circle and the edge is white the white
Hello, Rifdah, thanks in advance for the question.
Regarding skin disorders, can be caused by various things. A doctor needs to do a physical examination directly to see the type of skin disorder that you experience to be able to know the possible causes and determine the treatment. For this reason, we suggest to be able to check with the nearest doctor / clinic or dermatologist, so that the doctor can dig up the history of the appearance of skin disorders and conduct a physical examination directly.
Some possible causes of skin disorders with these white patches include:
- pityriasis versicolor / phlegm: infection by a fungus that can attack the whole body, symptoms are itchy, white scaly patches, itching that is heavy when sweating
- leprosy: a bacterial infection that can attack nerves and skin, characterized by white, rough, scaly, and numbness.
- vitiligo: depigmentation of the skin due to damage to skin pigment cells due to an autoimmune process. usually not itchy, firm boundaries and can be localized or spread throughout the body.
- Pityriasis alba: white patches with indistinct borders, often disappearing and recurring.
- other fungal infections such as tinea cruris, etc. especially if the location is in the groin area, deep thighs, and buttocks which tend to be moist, the symptoms are usually very itchy.
- If the skin disorder is initially a wound that secretes fluid or pus, there may also be a bacterial infection.
That's why to make sure you should immediately consult a dermatologist, so that the treatment can adjust the possibility of the cause of the disease. Keep your body clean, use clothes that are not too tight and made from cotton that absorbs sweat.
Thus the information we can convey, thank you.