The Cause Of Children 1 Year Diarrhea Accompanied By Cold Sweat?
I am a mother of one child, my child is 1 year old. It has been 3 days since he had diarrhea up to 3 or even 4 times a day (dawn, morning, evening). When sleeping likes to sweat, but cold sweat. I wonder why? Is it normal for babies to usually “want to be smart”? How to solve it? Answer please.
Hi Madam Fahmi.
Thank you for asking at HealthReplies.com.
I understand the worry you have.
Normally, bowel movements in babies can occur up to 3-4 times a day with a flabby consistency. This condition can be distinguished from diarrhea if:
1. Liquid consistency.
2. There is mucus, froth or blood.
3. Child seems not as active as usual.
4. The child is cranky, restless, weak or looks thirsty.
5. Crown or sunken eyes.
If there are such signs, you should take them to the doctor. The doctor will do an examination to determine whether your child has diarrhea or not. The doctor will also find out the cause. Often times, diarrhea in children is caused by a virus. However, it can also be caused by bacteria. If the diarrhea in your child is caused by bacteria, the doctor will need to prescribe antibiotics. In addition to treating the cause, diarrhea requires supporting treatment such as ORS, zinc and lactobacillus.
Meanwhile, I advise you to:
1. Actively breastfeed children as often as possible or try to get children to drink lots of water (if the child is no longer breastfeeding).
2. Make homemade ORS, you can read the method here.
3. Give low-fiber foods until healed.
4. Process food hygienically and wash your hands before feeding the child and make sure the child's food container is clean.
So, hopefully it's useful.