The Cause Of Chronic Seizures That Are Chronic?
Good evening, hello I m. Azhari I want to ask my wife named early tri yulian often experience impromptu seizures 1 month can be 1 seizure, there have been around 8 years I want to ask seizures what kind of illness and how to treat it like where yes, my wife has given birth to the first 2 children normally alhamdulila during labor smoothly and not seizure when the second child cesarean alhamdulilah smoothly and not strangely, at this time my wife is pregnant with my 3rd child I pray that the delivery will run smoothly too, how to treat it like where yaa now she is pregnant 7 months every month sx she has seizures I want sx he recovered completely. Please accept the solution 🙏
Good morning, thanks for the question
If you have a history of previous seizures, your doctor must review everything from symptoms to physical examination to determine whether an epilepsy is true.
Which are assessed include:
1. Symptoms before and after a seizure.
2. Other diseases that may be suffered now or a history of neurological diseases and a history of psychiatric illnesses and systemic diseases that may be the cause.
3. Age of onset, duration, frequency of seizures, the longest interval between seizures.
4. History of previous epilepsy therapy and response to therapy (dose, level, combination of therapies).
5. Family history of epilepsy.
6. Family history of other neurological, psychiatric or systemic diseases.
7. History of head trauma, central nervous infection.
If indeed the information obtained leads to epilepsy, then the doctor will then determine the type of epilepsy because it will determine the type of treatment. After that is determining the cause of epilepsy itself.
Then do a physical examination of nerves and supporting examinations to help determine the cause of epilepsy. Supporting examination in question can be in the form of electroencephalogram or
complete laboratory examination.
Management of epilepsy in pregnancy is quite difficult because it must be considered between the risk of side effects of the drug on the fetus in the womb and the health risks of the mother and baby if the seizure is not controlled.
Carry out further examinations by a doctor to ensure proper diagnosis and treatment in the current condition of pregnancy.
That's all, hope you can help