The Cause Of Feeling Like Electrocuted In The Hand?
I want to ask, I am 43 years old and it’s been 10 days every night when I fall asleep, my left hand is sleeping like a contact. doctor and when I checked my cholesterol went up, I was given medicine but I have been walking for 4 days I still take the medicine like this happened, thank you doctor
Hello, Siti Aprina, thank you for asking HealthReplies.com.
Feeling like electrocuted in the hand can be caused by several possibilities:
1. Irritation / suppression of peripheral nerves, for example due to a lump in the arm, scar tissue, infection (for example: herpes), carpal tunnel syndrome, etc.
2. Impaired blood flow to the arm, can be due to sleep position that presses the arm, atherosclerosis (narrowing of arteries due to plaque buildup), temperature is too cold, etc.
3. Lack of certain nutrients, such as vitamin B
4. Impaired electrolyte balance
6. Consumption of certain drugs
7. Disorders of the spinal cord, for example pinched nerves, syringomyelia, etc.
To determine the exact cause, must be examined directly by a doctor. If necessary, the doctor will conduct a supporting examination such as x-rays, blood tests, ultrasound, or MRI. The treatment will be adjusted to the cause and severity.
Follow the advice of a doctor who has examined you directly, and control if the medication runs out but has not improved / in accordance with the recommendations. Some of these things you can do to help relieve symptoms and prevent severity:
1. Make sure the position of your hands during sleep is not depressed by the body or other objects
2. Rest the complained hand
3. Inadequate nutritional needs, fluids, and electrolytes
4. Warm compresses on the complained part
5. If your cholesterol is above normal, limit consumption of foods that are high in fat and oil
6. If you experience symptoms such as: weakness in the hands complained of, symptoms get worse, pain, skin disorders appear, you should immediately see a doctor
That's all, hopefully it's useful.