The Cause Of Hoarseness Does Not Heal?
Hello, good night r nDok I want to ask? R nWhy is my voice always hoarse from junior high school until I work now. Never recovered?
Hello, Fuji Achmed, thanks for asking HealthReplies.com.
Hoarseness is the change in voice to become more hoarse and heavy. Hoarseness is often caused by disruption of the vocal cords. The causes can be from:
1. Inflammation: due to exposure to cigarette smoke, stomach acid disease, exposure to toxic substances, allergies, alcohol
2. Viral or bacterial infection
3. Lumps on the vocal cords, for example due to cancer, vocal cord nodules due to frequent screaming or excessive use of voice
4. Puberty in men
5. Nerve disease
6. Dilation of large blood vessels (aorta)
If the hoarseness gets worse over time, makes the voice disappear, it is difficult to make a voice, has difficulty breathing, fever, difficulty swallowing, consult a doctor immediately to determine the cause. Supporting examinations can be done such as x-rays, ultrasound, and endoscopy to see any abnormalities. Treatment depends on the cause.
To try to relieve it, you can do the following:
1. Drink plenty of plain water (not too cold, not too hot) at least 2 liters a day
2. Avoid: cigarettes, screaming, alcohol, greasy / fatty foods
3. Stay away from allergy triggers
That's all, hopefully it's useful.
Greetings, dr. Sarah Rizqia.