The Cause Of Pain In The Back If Coughing?
assallamuallaikum … I want to ask about the pain that I experienced … so, if I cough my chest feels tight and aching to my back but the pain is more felt to the left side of the body, for example from the arm … very painful this back if I cough … what is the solution … thank you doctor Assallamuallaikum ..
Good evening, thanks for the question
A cough that is accompanied by pain in the chest to the back can be very disturbing for sufferers so it requires further treatment in accordance with the underlying cause. Here are the causes of coughing to chest pain, including:
1. Acute bronchitis (inflammation of the lower airway)
2. Pneumonia (pulmonary parenchymal infection)
3. Pleurisy (inflammation of the lining lining of the lungs)
6. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
7. Gastric acid reflux
8. Lung cancer
If the complaint does not improve, you should consult with a doctor to be examined directly. In addition to physical examination, some additional tests may be needed to help make the diagnosis, for example blood tests, sputum examinations, chest x-rays, lung function checks, and so forth. The diagnosis needs to be made so that directed treatment can be given, because each of the causes above requires different treatment, so it is expected that the disease can be cured.
While doing the following to at least reduce complaints before consulting directly with a doctor, including:
1. Drinking warm water, you can also add pure honey to help relieve the airway.
2. Use a humidifier in the room so that the air becomes more humid because dry air can further irritate the airway.
3. Avoid exposure to cigarette smoke.
4. Keep the house clean.
5. Avoid conditions that can trigger cough reflexes such as dusty rooms, air pollution, and so forth.
That's all, hope you can help.