The Cause Of The Body Looks Thinner?
Hello .. I want to ask, why is my body getting thinner (feels bone directly when held) but if it is weighed it is always in the same frame, at most it is only a kilo two kilos.
Hello. Good evening, Ms. Sri Utanti. Thank you for asking HealthReplies.com
Body measurements are said to be thin or not based on body mass index (BMI), that is body weight (kg): height of the body (m quadarat). This measurement is objective, ie general, not subjective or personal. The classification of BMI is as follows.
- BMI <18.5 is said to be underweight
- BMI 18.5 - 24.9 is said to be normal BB
- BMI 25-29.9 is said to be overweight / overweight
- BMI 30-34.9 is said to be a moderate increase in BB / obese I
- BMI 35 - 39.9 is said to be BB increased height / obese I
- BMI> 40 is said to be a very high BB increase / obese III
If you feel weight loss drastically, it is called malnutrition, which is the lack of nutrients needed by some things that will be the cause
- Hormone disorders that are influenced by other diseases such as diabetes, thyroid disease
- Prolonged diseases such as organ damage that is heart failure, kidney failure
- Digestive-related diseases such as stomach ailments
- Some infectious diseases that are very influential are TB, HIV, worm infections
- Malignant tumor
What can be done to avoid weight loss, i.e.
- Improve nutrition and calorie intake, this should be adjusted to the activity so that nutrition is sufficient
- Eat more often and increase portions
- Increase snack consumption
- Increase milk consumption
- Increase consumption of carbohydrates, enough protein
- Avoid caffeine
- Enough rest
- Avoid cigarettes and alcohol
- If related to an illness, the illness must be treated.
If it is still not achieved, further consultation with a nutrition specialist or nutritionist can be calculated in detail food needs according to gender, age, activity, concomitant diseases, and individual characteristics.
Thus the information we can convey. May be useful. Thank you