The Cause Of The Elderly Is Vomiting After Eating But The Results Of The Examination Are Normal?
Hello, my brother has been struggling to eat for almost a month if he often eats vomiting again and again lately plus he often defecates frequently because he has less fluid back and forth to the hospital too. Checked at the hospital everything is normal. Grandfather until he was hospitalized for only one night because there was no more attention then continued to go home only to be given an IV so that he would not be exhausted again when he left. But until now I still often vomit after eating. Guess what?
Good evening, thanks for the question
Age-related anorexia is often found in elderly patients (geriatrics) as a result of decreased appetite due to various things. Geriatric patients may refuse to eat or vomit food so that nutrient intake will be difficult to fulfill as in this case.
Eating disorders are only one of a variety of medical problems that will be encountered in geriatric patients. Other problems that can be found such as balance disorders, memory disorders, cognitive disorders, bedwetting, malnutrition, to depression.
Related to eating disorders the causes include:
1. Decreased hormones that control hunger
2. Impaired normal function of the digestive tract
3. Tooth and mouth problems
4. Impaired sense of taste
5. Feel lonely
6. Chronic diseases that accompany
To be able to improve eating patterns in the elderly so that at least their daily nutritional needs are met, consider the following:
1. Vary the food with an attractive appearance, highly nutritious, coupled with spices to enrich the taste
2. Overcome the chronic diseases of the elderly with rational treatment
3. Invite the elderly to move actively with light exercise every day
4. Give attention and love affection so that the elderly do not feel lonely
That's all, hope you can help.