The Cause Of The Neck Is Not Yet Straight And Feels Tug After The Dislocation Of The Cervical Spine?
Good afternoon doctor, I’m a 21 year old girl .. initially I was diagnosed with torticolis which was released in April then on the left front neck. But after the surgery, I felt pain in my neck after ct scan was found that my neck was not dislocated before I had surgery 23 days ago … what I asked was, why was my neck still not straight and still leaning to the right side already in pen. Trained to the left is hard, even pulling to the right, even when I sleep I feel the pull of the pull getting stronger … after I saw the big muscles in the front neck, right there was no reaction like disappearing … instead, the one that had left like hardened … actually there what with me doctor, what illness am I? even though the operation has been done 2 times … please explain … thank you
Hello, thank you for your question to HealthReplies.com.
Torticolis is a disorder that occurs in the neck, with marked can only turn or tilt to one side of the left or right.
Handling torticolis is through surgery, but the operation performed is very difficult and has several risks because it is related to and adjacent to the nerves around it.
the possibilities that happen to you are:
1. The risk of surgery: the risk of surgery in the neck area is overwhelming, one of which is the affliction of the nerves or spine that causes other complaints around the neck
2. Torticolliness is difficult to repair: difficulty in improving the position of torticollis makes surgery difficult and causes other complaints, especially if it is not accompanied by exercises to move the muscles around his neck
3. Other causes: There are other causes such as possible lumps in the neck that obstruct the operation and cause other complaints from torticollis
to find out more about the cause, diagnosis and treatment of your complaint, you should immediately consult with a specialist in neurosurgery.
Things to do:
1. Practice to activate the weak muscles by turning or moving to the side where the muscles start to weaken
2. Reducing strenuous activity
3. Keeping more paragraphs with control to the doctor who is operating and asking for advice from him
thus hopefully useful