The Characteristics Of An Object Enter The Digestion Of A 7 Month Old Baby?
afternoon. my baby is 7.5 months old .. he was playing on the pazzel mat and crawled beside me. I turned in the opposite direction for a while and turned around again. suddenly I saw his mouth was chewing and swallowing. I immediately put my hand in his mouth but there was nothing no object. lm he coughed one time like choking in a prone position and I pat him vomiting a lot .. after crying and immediately I gave breast milk .. what I wanted to ask. did my child swallow foreign objects? what are the characteristics if you swallow yes and what to watch out for. because this vomit does not come out of any object.
Hello, thank you for the question for HealthReplies.com
Infants and toddlers up to 3 years of age enjoy putting things in their mouths. It is their way of recognizing and exploring the world around them. Therefore it is not recommended to place small objects that could potentially be swallowed around children under 3 years of age.
In your case, you should first identify the presence or absence of certain small objects around your child that have the potential to be swallowed. Suppose you put a coin around a child. Initially you put 5 coins, and now there are only 4 coins. This could be a sign that the child swallowed the coins. If you do not put any small objects around the child or there are no small objects that suddenly disappear around the child, it is impossible for the child to swallow something. If you only put the child on the puzzle mat and there are no other small objects around it, then the child may not swallow anything (the detachable part of the puzzle mat is also too large for the child to swallow).
Another sign that you can look out for is a child choking. This can happen when the object he swallowed gets into his airway. The child can experience coughing, signs like vomiting (can also really vomit), shortness of breath, lips and skin turn blue. In your case, your child is vomiting probably because you put your finger in his mouth too deep. If the object is swallowed into the digestive tract, the child may not feel anything. Most of the objects that are swallowed and enter the digestive tract will be able to exit on their own when a child defecates. So as long as the object swallowed is not a dangerous object (objects that contain chemicals such as batteries or sharp objects), actually you don't need to worry too much.
If you do not know what object the child swallowed, you can take the child to the pediatrician for further tests.
Henceforth you have to really pay attention to the objects that you put around your child. Make sure you do not give small toys to children or put small objects where the children can reach them.
So much information from me, hopefully it will be enough to answer