The Child Is Charging The Battery And Looks Weak?
my son accidentally picked up a battery rock which he had removed himself from his toy. When I see my child is nipping and I see my child’s condition is weak. But after a while my child returned like nothing happened. I want to ask if there are any side effects?
Hello Hermansyah Kaka,
The battery contains a dangerous component inside. So that when throwing it away it must not be disposed of to the ground, because if there is a leak from the battery skin, the components inside can contaminate the soil. The inside of the battery is usually contained zinc carbon, manganese dioxide, and ammonium chloride (weak acid). Meanwhile, on alkaline batteries, usually use potassium hydroxide which is a strong base. When the battery is in the mouth, the acid and base material can injure the mucosa and the lining in the mouth (chemical trauma) if the battery leaks. Mild chemical trauma only makes redness on the affected mucosa and feels sore. On heavier, mucosal sores, leucorrhoea (such as thrush) is thorough, severe pain, so the child usually does not want to eat / drink. Chemical trauma due to bases usually has a worse impact because of its ability to penetrate into deeper layers. When swallowed, these chemicals can even make holes in the digestive tract or a blockage in the digestive tract due to the reaction of the injured layer. If there are no leaks, then what is more feared is the child choking on the battery (entering the airway).
If your child does not experience the above, you do not need to worry. Just make sure the child no longer puts the battery in his mouth. If there are sores / irritations in the mouth area as described above, hurry up for the child to gargle as much water as possible, then take it to the nearest health facility.
Thus the explanation from me, may be useful.